T-Mobile LG G3 D851 just got a new custom ROM Resurrection Remix to update the device to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Flashing Resurrection Remix v5.6.0. ROM will give you advanced features like SuperUser indicator Switch, Clock Customization and Network Traffic Arrows Switch.
So, the users who own a T-Mobile LG G3 D851 can download and flash the ROM on their device. As this is custom ROM it is necessary that you have root access on your device and also have custom recovery like TWRP or CWM installed on your device.
Users who are anxious of Updating their LG G3 D851 to Android Marshmallow, then here is an unofficial way of doing that.The Resurrection Remix v5.6.0 is unofficial ROM having all the features of Android Marshmallow official update.This Resurrection Remix v5.6.0 work well and it does not have bugs as in newly released ROM.
Let us now move ahead and have look at the procedure for how you can flash this custom ROM on your LG G3 device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for LG G3 D851 phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install LG G3 D851 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow based Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
- Download the Android Marshmallow Resurrection Remix ROM from here.
- Download the Google App's for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer both files to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options you wish to wipe out.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App's on your device (step 9-11).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That's all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.