Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now available for updating your device. This is the firmware that all the users were waiting for for a long time and in this guide, we will go through the procedure for updating the device.
This is update is based on I8160XXMC8 firmware to T-Mobile and as such this will bring in some extra language packs and carrier-specific apps on your phone visible after installation. Odin is the flashing tool used here.
But before updating you should follow the below-mentioned precautions –
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone. You can do it by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging if you are on Android 2.3. If you are on Android 4.0 you can do it by going through System Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging and ensure that it’s ticked.
- Also make sure that you have atleast 50 % battery life left on your device so as to ensure you don’t land into trouble of power crisis in between update procedure.
- Also ensure that you have taken a complete backup of your device by any method that you usually followed until now.
- Also ensure that you have installed the proper USB Drivers on your PC for successful connection to the device.
- Before updating you should have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone.
- And this procedure is for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with model number I8160, no other phones should be flashed with this version.
Note: We have just provided the actual procedure and users must understand that this is third-party firmware software as such many options might not work on their phone. We would be held no responsible for anything that happens to your device.
Galaxy Ace 2 Update Procedure
Here is the step by step procedure to update your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with official firmware –
- Download the Android 4.1.2 I8160XXMC8 file for Galaxy Ace 2 onto your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which is the flashing tool required for the Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone. Unzip and install it on your PC, keep it Open.
- Switch off your phone as you can enter it on Download Mode. How can you do that? You can do it by holding the Volume Down + Home button together along with the Power button for few seconds.
- Once you see the Green Robot with “downloading” on your screen.
- Now connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC. The successful connection is confirmed by pressing the ID:COM port as it will turn Yellow once USB drivers are loaded perfectly.
- Now you need to select the files accordingly –
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- In ODIN also select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the options.
- Now click on the Start button in the ODIN tool. Once the installation is completed your phone would be restarted automatically.
This post was last modified on April 3, 2021 3:58 PM