Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now available for updating your device. This is the firmware that all the users were waiting for since a long time and in this guide we will go through procedure on updating the device.
This is update is based on I8160XXMC8 firmware to T-Mobile and as such this will bring in some extra language packs and carrier specific apps on your phone visible after installation. Odin is the flashing tool used here.
But before updating you should follow the below mentioned precautions –
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone. You can do it by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging if you are on Android 2.3. If you are on Android 4.0 you can do it by going through System Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging and ensure that it’s ticked.
- Also make sure that you have atleast 50 % battery life left on your device so as to ensure you don’t land into trouble of power crisis in between update procedure.
- Also ensure that you have taken complete backup of your device by any method that you usually followed until now.
- Also ensure that you have installed the proper USB Drivers on your PC for successful connection to the device.
- Before updating you should have rooted your Samsung Galaxy