Check guide on how to achieve Vivo V9 root & install TWRP recovery.
Vivo Mobiles has unveiled their flagship Vivo V9 smartphone and if you are searching for the guide on how to achieve Vivo V9 root, then you have come to right place. Here will not only show you how to root Vivo V9 but also show you on how to install TWRP recovery on Vivo V9 smartphone. So are you ready?
Vivo V9 Root
Regarding this latest Vivo selfie phone, we have already gone through Vivo V9 tips and Android 9.0 P update (read here).
- Make sure your device is fully charged or almost full to run for 10 minutes of operation.
- Make sure bootloaders are unlocked.
- This guide is for Vivo V9 phone only. Don’t try even on Vivo V9 Plus too.
- Backup your device data.
- You should enable USB debugging and OEM unlock by going through Settings.
- Setup Minimal adb and fastboot.
- Install Android drivers on PC or laptop.
- Download ADB Drivers.
- Download Super SU
- Download Magisk.
Install TWRP Recovery on Vivo V9
Follow the process mentioned below:
- Download TWRP zip file from the above link and rename it as recover.img and transfer it into ADB and fast boot folder.
- Now open the command prompt in the ADB by pressing and holding the shift key and right click button.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Write the following command to boot your device bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then follow up with that, execute this command:
- Now you need to execute this command too:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your device now.
That’s it! TWRP is installed on your phone now.
How to Root Vivo V9 using SuperSU
- Download Super SU from the link above.
- Move it to your phone storage.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your phone in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume down + Power button together at once.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSu Zip file.
- Go back to the recovery menu and press reboot device.
So, that’s it! That’s how you root Vivo V9 phone. Do let us know if you face any issue.
This post was last modified on April 17, 2018 2:56 PM