Picture these situations: You are watching a movie in the theatre and it suddenly strikes you that you have forgotten to turn off the fan in your kitchen.
It is the month of May and you are driving home from the office. How do you wish there was someone home to switch on the air conditioner to precool your sweltering bedroom by the time you reach?
What if we could tell you that you can operate your fan and air conditioner remotely just at the tap a few buttons on your smartphone? In fact, you can control and monitor all other electrical and electronic appliances on your smartphone anywhere, anytime. This is what is called home automation. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to live in a smart home? Something along the lines of owner’s pride, neighbour’s envy?
More than a decade ago, smart homes would have sounded far-fetched, but not today. As the technology makes further breakthroughs, it is increasingly becoming possible to sync, secure and operate all your devices and appliances through a central hub like your smartphone or computer. In a nutshell, you can build your own personalized home network of lighting, cooling, heating and other devices, the way you want.
The home automation India is relatively an emerging concept but gaining fast popularity, especially in metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru. Today’s home buyers/owners are not only tech-savvy but also have a strong need to make their living comfortable, secure and entertaining.
Smart Home Advantages
A smart home offers several advantages:
- It makes your day-to-day life simpler and stress-free.
- It saves your time. Sometimes even several small chores such as switching off all lights before retiring to bed can add up to a pile of workload. But, an automation system can take complete these tasks in seconds.
- It makes your home safer – no more reliance on domestic help or neighbours to watch your house when you are gone!
- It lets you customize your home settings by scheduling your appliances, set reminders to switch them on and off, or set/adjust speed and temperatures.
- It helps you and nation become energy efficient. Rather than letting the power of appliances on when they are not in use and you are not at home to switch off, the home automation can take care of it even remotely.
Most importantly, home automation gives you complete peace of mind. Now, we are sure that you want to install home automation too but think that it is a high-end luxury which will cost you an arm and a leg. Well, not really. Recently I able to find a site called PicoStone, the best home automation system provider in India. Folks here believe that smart home solutions should be accessible to as many as people possible and they can help you create smart homes in as less as Rs 30k!
With their strong expertise, experience and value for money, they are making home automation Mumbai and other major cities an affordable reality. As of January 2018, they have sold 1200 devices in 18 cities of India.
You can even start with your dream smart home of future. PicoStone can help you build the smart home!