With the launch of Mi Max a 6.44 inch tablet sized device, yet called it as smartphone, we had a new version for MIUI, the skin overlay done by Xiaomi on their MI Phones. Upgrade from MIUI 7.1, it was named as MIUI 8 and it comes with all the features that are included in Android Marshmallow. The MIUI 8 is currently available pre-installed on Mi Max only and other devices have to get through this MIUI 8 update. In this guide I will explain you how to update Xiaomi phones to MIUI 8.
As of now the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM has been released so these are the steps to update to the Alpha ROM only. There is no MIUI 8 Global Alpha available. You can currently upgraded the following devices with this ROM –
- Xiaomi Mi 2
- Xiaomi Mi 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Xiaomi Mi Note
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi Max
Preparing Your Phone
The newly launched MI 5, Mi Max and Mi Note comes with bootloaders locked. So if the device bootloaders are locked, you need to unlock it first. For complete unlock guide visit http://en.miui.com/unlock/.
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool
- Unzip the package on your PC and install it.
- It’s the time you enter your device in Fastboot. First turn of the device.
- Now Press Volume – and Power button together at same time.
- Now connect the device using the micro USB cable.
- Double click the downloaded file to decompress it. Now open file folder from the decompressed ROM pack. Copy it’s path to the computer.
- Paste the path that you have copied to ROM file as mentioned in the last step.
- Click on F5 to refresh. Mi Flash tool will recognize your device.
- Now just click the Flash button.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Disconnect the phone from PC.
- Restart your phone.
That’s it. Your Xiaomi phone will be now running the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM.
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 5
- MIUI 8 Recovery ROM for Mi Max
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi Note
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 4
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 3
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 2
- MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 2S
Via: MIUI Forums
This post was last modified on April 2, 2018 6:21 PM