In this guide check out How to Change Default App Preferences on Xiaomi Phone like Change Xiaomi Launcher, Browser, Music Apps.
Xiaomi is a worldwide popular brand and they are among the top #3 in terms devices sales. Continuing our series of Xiaomi tips, we bring you the guide on how to change Xiaomi’s default app preferences i.e., how to change default browser or Change music app on Xiaomi smartphones.
How to Change Default App Preferences on Xiaomi Phone
The Xiami Redmi 1S is completely made for China smartphone as it comes out with lot many options which support use in China. For example, it has Xiaomi default browser rather than the Google Chrome that comes with most of the Android phones.
Just like that the music app might not give you a pleasant experience. So the question arises – are all those Android customizations freedom that we get, are available on Xiaomi Redmi or Mi phone?
I tried on my Redmi 1S phone and found that the Xiaomi Killer phone is indeed customizable according to your needs.
- From your phone go to Settings.
- Then go to Apps under System.
- Now you will see the entire app that comes pre-installed, downloaded on your phone.
- At the bottom, you will see the option of Default App Settings with a wretched icon. Tap on it.
- That will take you to the Default App Settings page.
- Here you have the options to change the launcher, Dial, Messaging, Browser, Camera, Gallery, Music, and email app.
- You can change to whatever you want but that app should be installed on your phone.
How to Change Xiaomi Default Browser
Follow the process mentioned below :
- On your phone go to Settings.
- Now tap on Apps and System.
- Now tap on Default App Settings
- Now tap on Restore Default Apps.
That’s it done!
This guide works on following Xiaomi phones –
- Xiaomi Mi 1S
- Xiaomi Mi Mix, Mix 2, Mix 3
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5, Mi 4, Mi 3, Mi 2
So that’s it how you can customize the Xiaomi Redmi phone to suit your mood and preferences. We have gone through video on how to do it.
Here is the video guide on how to do it:
This post was last modified on December 16, 2018 6:24 PM