Guide on how to fix the iMessage waiting for activate found iOS 7, iOS 6 running iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4 and other iPhones.
Waiting for Activation iPhone Error
Have you ever camera across error like “Waiting for Activation“, “Activation unsuccessful“, or “An error occurred during activation“? This error happens while you are trying to activate your phone number with FaceTime or iMessage.
We have gone through guide on how to fix “Waiting for Activate” iMessage error on your iPhone 5, 5S, 5C and other models.
Fix for iPhone Running on iOS 7
If you are running the latest iOS 7 on your iPhone 5S, 5C or any other iPhone model, then follow the process mentioned below –
- First Deselect your Apple ID on iMessage.
- Now Turn OFF and Re-Activate Apple ID.
- Change Networks and activate iMessages again.
- Reset Network Settings by going through General > Reset > Network Settings found under Settings menu.
With those tweaks, iMessage should be active on your phone now.
Fix for iPhone Running iOS 6
If you are running any other iOS version which is not iOS 7, then follow the process mentioned below –
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Enable Airplane Mode
- Turn off iMessage and FaceTime services
- Now Enable Wi-Fi
- Now turn on iMessages
- Provide your Apple ID.
- Tap on Popup notification which reads “Your Carrier may charge for SMS”.
Mostly the problem should be resolved by now but if you are still facing the issues, then we would suggest you reach out your nearest Apple Service Center and get your device replaced.